Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes opens to a white screen and nothing more

Hi all,

I updated to the latest iTunes 11.whatever and my iTunes just will not open despite my trying all the suggestions in help articles by Apple: opening in Safety mode, restarting computer, reinstalling iTunes, updating Windows, deleting Security software. etc. etc. Suggestions? I've never had problems like this before. I'm on an Acer Aspire laptop running windows 7.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7, iTunes

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 6:17 AM

3 replies

Jan 28, 2014 2:38 PM in response to justshoemaker

I've been having the same issue. Updated to the latest iTunes and the first thing that happens is it displays "Checking iTunes Libary" for about 5 minutes. When iTunes finally opens, all I get is a white screen with my cursor displaying the spinning blue donut indicitive of waiting for the program. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes as well as completely uninstalling all the Apple software on my computer and reinstalling iTunes. I've never had this problem before and at this point I'm considering switching to different software if I can't get this resolved. I'm running Windows 8.1 on a Samsung laptop that is only around 3 months old.

May 24, 2014 12:46 PM in response to AlexJacovino

This actually worked for me. But its gonna be annoying to have to do that everytime to use itunes. The funny thing is i have a Acer Aspire V5 and the main person on here is having the same issue as me. This has been happening ever since i got the new itunes update. This getting extremely annoying. I did everything he said and still nothing. Itunes needs to fix this. Having to click "Open As Administrator" will get annoying eventually but im glad to have a way to make it work for now. Thank you Alex!

iTunes opens to a white screen and nothing more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.