Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Scheduler and sleep setting problems

Hello -- I recently have attempted to set up the time machine scheduler on my iMac 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 machine. It is not running back-ups as intended and I don't understand why.

From reading a few discussion walls I am starting to think that it may have to do with my energy saving settings, but I have found no clear cut instructions on how to fix this problem.

I am running OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and have installed Time Machine Scheduler 4.0b2 (Beta).

Basically I am trying to set my back-ups to run during off-work hours (5pm-8am). I did set these parameters in the scheduler options. I do have my system Time Machine set to OFF. I am not getting any back-ups during these time settings.

Can someone please help me figure this out. I am just looking for a simple 1,2,3... step instruction to get this up and running.

Does it have something to do with my computer being asleep after work hours? I would rather not have to set any scripts in the console. Is there any way to set my sleep settings worl in tandem with the Scheduler?

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Time Machine Scheduler

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 6:14 AM

1 reply

Time Machine Scheduler and sleep setting problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.