Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I copy an entire page?

I used to be able to copy a page in Pages and move it to another part of the document. This was crucial.

Is it possible to do this now? It doesn't seem so.

Any help?

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 6:48 AM

We are all struggling with this.

There is nothing in Apple's anaemic online User Guide so I suspect Apple has decided that nobody wants to do this and removed it.

So take it on notice that Apple thinks you are no-one.

Best to delete Pages 5 and use Pages '09 instead. It should still be in your Application folder.

Peter

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2013 6:48 AM in response to DAT3247

We are all struggling with this.

There is nothing in Apple's anaemic online User Guide so I suspect Apple has decided that nobody wants to do this and removed it.

So take it on notice that Apple thinks you are no-one.

Best to delete Pages 5 and use Pages '09 instead. It should still be in your Application folder.

Peter

Nov 6, 2013 1:13 AM in response to DAT3247

I feel like I'm being punished by Mac for updating. Not being able to copy an entire page has totally derailled my use of Pages 5. Not to mention trying to find all the different settings has turned into a treasurehunt. Joy, how I love spending an hour trying to format an invoice.

I've now had to go to Quick Books just for this task.

Thanks Mac, better release some updates for Pages very soon or you're going to lose a lot more users.

Apr 21, 2015 6:57 PM in response to Yellowbox

@Yellowbox - that is fine if you are copying a word processor type file, you can copy the elements easily. Not so easy on a complex "layout" style document, where each page is separate. (e.g. Case Studies for a proposal)

It is crazy @Apple, that we have to export to an older version to facilitate this function.

User uploaded file

Jun 5, 2015 8:23 AM in response to DAT3247

I'm using the new Pages to create 5-10 page news letters amongst other documents.

To solve this I do the following:

drag highlight all elements of the page in question

right click on selection and choose group

right click on selection and choose copy

right click on destination document - blank page without formatting as chosen from the new project template dialogue at start up

select paste

previously selected content will appear as a group with all formatting intact, as there is no longer text box to subsequent textbox text flow in the

new pages there should be no problem with image or text formatting, at least when working on computer that created original pages document with assets

(pics, fonts etc) still available

who needs TV when you have T Rex

Aug 5, 2015 12:42 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

I just discovered this as well and IT TOTALLY MAKES NO SENSE! Why remove this feature? It was so useful and easy! I am using Pages 5 only because I have to train somebody else to pick up my volunteer job, and so many things are so much harder. Where is Revert to Defined Style? Gone. You have to scroll through the whole style list to find the style, then click on it. Where is Select All Uses of style X? Gone. Where's the handy dandy style drawer you can show or hide? Gone. And don't get me started on the removal of the ability to link paragraphs to flow across pages. If I discovered this program for the first time now, I would run from it like the wind. Life is too short to have to deal with this kind of crap from something called an UPGRADE!

Oct 24, 2015 5:10 AM in response to DAT3247

I found a workaround to this issue. In my case I wanted to duplicate a page several times and possibly change the orders of pages doing drag&drop.

- Convert all text occurences to textboxes.

- Arrange all shapes, charts, textboxes as they "stay on page" (not "move with text")

- Place all the components to their final positions.

- Select them all (by holding cmd and clicking)

- Group them

- Copy the group

Now all the things in your page is a single group and in your clipboard.

- File > Convert To Page Layout

- Now you can Insert > Pages and drag & drop them (from Thumbnail View)

- After adding a blank page, you can select it and paste the group to that page.

Voila! You have everything in their same places in the new page meaning that you have duplicated a page successfully.

After you are done, you can File > Convert To Word Processing to continue typing. You can also Ungroup the group and change stuff.

can I copy an entire page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.