Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I let other users on my MacBook Pro update apps that I've downloaded?

I recently left a position as an IT at a school district where I was put in charge of all Mac products district wide. Most of the important apps, such as Apple Configurator or Remote Desktop, were downloaded using a district Apple ID, but many of the apps downloaded (regrettably) were through my own personal Apple ID. Is there a way to allow other accounts on the computer to update these apps without my Apple ID and password? If not, is there a way we can at least re-download those apps via the district Apple ID and transfer the data to that one? Running Mac OS 10.8.5 on a mid 2011 MacBook Pro. Thanks in advance for any help. 🙂

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 8:25 AM

In a word, No. And, you shouldn't because it would compromise the security of your data attached to your Apple ID and the credit card you used. Let them buy their own copies which is what should happen. All purchases made under an Apple ID are forever connected to it.

5 replies

How do I let other users on my MacBook Pro update apps that I've downloaded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.