Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use Airdrop?

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 5s and MacBook Pro (MID - 2012) Mountain lion 10.8.5 – and I am trying to use AirDrop.

I have a few photos in the iPhone and I would like to transfer them to the MacBook Pro using AirDrop.

I believe that AirDrop is on for both units, however I do not know how to move the photos into the AirDrop area from the camera roll on the iPhone - to ultimately get them on the MacBook Pro.

Can anyone assist me with this issue?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 7:33 AM

You cannot. Unfortunately AirDrop only works iOS device to iOS device and Mac to Mac and NOT Mac to IOS device.

9 replies

Aug 24, 2014 11:30 PM in response to revDAVE

Hi, Dave

You just can send photos from iPhone to Mac via Airdrop, because it doesn't support to do so.

What is Airdrop? It only supports to send content from iOS device to iOS device and between Mac to Mac.

Besides, if you want to backup photos from iPhone to your Mac, you might as well have a try of iPhone Data Recovery for Mac, it can help you to backup not only photos but also messages, contacts, videos and other kinds of data from iPhone to your Mac.

Hope it can help you.

How do I use Airdrop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.