Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Icons flashing after Maverick Install

Just installed Mavericks--now my icons flash randomly and repeatedly as if the desktop keeps reloading. Imessage (AIM) crashed today as well. Anyone else having this issue or could suggest a fix? I have applecare and I will call them if needed but if it's something simple like deleting a plist, I would rather avoid a prolonged phone call. I did run disk utlity and fixed the permissions, don't see anything unusual running on the activity monitor (though I'm not so familiar with what should be). Thanks in advance for your help!

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 2:21 PM

Do you have Google Drive installed? Other users have reported the same behavior and found that uninstalling Google Drive resolves it. Presumably they are working on a fix.

Other users have found that disabling App Nap for Google Drive resolves it. Do this by selecting the Google Drive application in a Finder window, and Get Info for it (File menu > Get Info.) Next under General make sure the Prevent App Nap checkbox is checked.

Best of luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2013 2:21 PM in response to mrsf

Do you have Google Drive installed? Other users have reported the same behavior and found that uninstalling Google Drive resolves it. Presumably they are working on a fix.

Other users have found that disabling App Nap for Google Drive resolves it. Do this by selecting the Google Drive application in a Finder window, and Get Info for it (File menu > Get Info.) Next under General make sure the Prevent App Nap checkbox is checked.

Best of luck.

Problems with Icons flashing after Maverick Install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.