Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet intermitten, mostly not connecting

Hello, and thanks for your help!

I've been using CenturyLink as my internet provider for a couple years now as they are significantly cheaper that COX communications. I'm using their modem and my Airport Extreme Base Station from 2007. I got the modem in October 2010. Over the last several months my router has seen more and more use as my girlfriends 2 teens have to be online 24/7 -- gaming, youtube, streaming, etc.

We just moved and my internet isn't stable anymore. Got everything hooked up and it worked great for a day or too, although it was light usage. Haven't connected the PS3 yet. Last night my gf went to use the network and couldn't see it. The boys have been using it for a day or two. Not with the PS3 but with laptop and iPods. She restarted it and still no luck. I get home, restart and no problems, its working fine. Later that evening, I'm trying go online and I'm waiting a long time for pages to load or not load. I was the only one on the network. My iPhone seems to have no trouble going online, but the apple laptop is sporadic about loading pages. I fire up the pc laptop and have the same issues, only with less connectivity. GF's phone (an older android model that I can't recall) also cannot get out.

The computers are now seeing the network, but cannot connect to the internet.

Has my 2007 AEBS router bit the dust or is it something else?

HELP!!

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 11:26 AM

3 replies

Nov 5, 2013 5:42 PM in response to o4vintage

We just moved and my internet isn't stable anymore. Got everything hooked up and it worked great for a day or too, although it was light usage.

Are you still using the same modem that you were before the move? Regardless, what is its make & model?

Anytime you change networking hardware or ISPs it is always a good idea to perform a complete power recycle of that hardware. Check out the following AirPort User Tip for details. Please post back your results.

Nov 14, 2013 11:06 AM in response to o4vintage

We are also having less connectivity with the new Airport Extreme (tower)

We are having conflicting IP addresses all over the place with the new Airport Extreme (tower) and two airport express' in Bridge Mode. We also have internet intermittedness.

In the Airport Utility the Internet light is going orange for about 5-10 seconds and then to green for about 10-15 seconds. We have computers that get intermittent connections to the internet. These moments appear very random when these spurts happen. Right now, the new tower Airport Extreme is the new device on our network.

Everything was fine for 2 years with our previous Airport Extreme. BUT NOW the new one doesn't support SNMP now so I cannot troubleshoot TRAFFIC issues that might be the cause.

We also run Lion Server where we use filechute software to upload and transfer download links to clients. That filechute software shows constant random lack of access when refreshing. It's as intermittent as the internet now.

Internet intermitten, mostly not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.