Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad air cannot get full garageband instruments

I bought an ipad air today, i am able to download apple apps such as keynote, pages, imovies, etc for free. i am also able to download garageband. However i cannot play all instruments in the app. The app told me to buy app if i want to play. I owned an ipad mini and i have downloaded garageband on the ipad mini for free before. How can i solve this problem?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.3, 32gb

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 10:42 AM

6 replies

Apr 15, 2014 5:37 AM in response to cloudy45man

Here's another case.

I didn't know about the free upgrade before the iOs upgrade and I just upgraded my iPad to the latest iOS version.

When I opened GarageBand and tried to purchase the instruments not included in the free app, it doesn't let me and gives me a message saying that I need to contact support.

I tried to do so, but the answer was to contact the GarageBand support.

Obviously, my account is properly configured and has all the details.

Any idea of what is going on?.

Please help!

Apr 15, 2014 6:53 AM in response to cloudy45man

I should have came here first, because I have been going nuts trying to figure this out.

GB iOS ( iPhone) has all Smart instruments , Sampler and Guitar amps greyed out.

Clicking on one, I get the message that it is not available, but I can download it, When I click the already purchased

option, it brings me to the iTunes log in and when I put in my password it tells me it is incorrect.

I know it is correct, I have used it to sign in to my other Apple ID services.

I have deleted the App ( Garage Band) and reinstalled, same results.

it looks like I am not alone with this problem, so I at least know is not me. hopefully it will be fixed soon or someone comes up with a solution.

Ipad air cannot get full garageband instruments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.