Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i select the iso image file for windows 8 it starts the process with the USB and halfway it says "cannot copy windows file" before i thought the file may be corrupted but i downloaded another file but again the problem is still there need help pllzzz

When I select the iso image file for windows 8 it starts the process with the USB and halfway it says "cannot copy windows file" before i thought the file may be corrupted but i downloaded another file but again the problem is still there need help pllzzzUser uploaded file

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 11:31 AM

2 replies

Nov 5, 2013 1:13 PM in response to noxrulz

Where did you get the ISO? If it's a torrented download it may be corrupted in some way.

I got this error too when I used a custom made ISO. It was fixed by using a genuine Microsoft ISO for Windows 7.

If it's a genuine ISO from Microsoft:

- Check and make sure the ISO isn't mounted when you try this;

when i select the iso image file for windows 8 it starts the process with the USB and halfway it says "cannot copy windows file" before i thought the file may be corrupted but i downloaded another file but again the problem is still there need help pllzzz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.