Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new Apple keyboard on 10.5.8

Hi,

my old keyboard had some keys that lost their function, so I bought a new one yesterday.

I was wondering whether there is any update on getting the new Apple keyboard working properly on 10.5.8. The volume keys do not work and I couldn't figure out how to program them either.

I've read in older posts that the new keyboard will require 10.6.8. That's ridiculous. I won't upgrade to 10.6.8 just because of the keyboard.

Has anyone solved this issue?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 11:28 AM

9 replies

Nov 5, 2013 11:46 AM in response to MK222

It's that simple. Or find a third-party keyboard that will work, if there are any.

Upgrading to Snow Leopard

You can purchase Snow Leopard through the Apple Store: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.). The price is $19.99 plus tax. You will be sent physical media by mail after placing your order.

After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store. Access to the App Store enables you to download Mountain Lion if your computer meets the requirements.

Snow Leopard General Requirements

1. Mac computer with an Intel processor

2. 1GB of memory

3. 5GB of available disk space

4. DVD drive for installation

5. Some features require a compatible Internet service provider;

fees may apply.

6. Some features require Apple’s iCloud services; fees and

terms apply.

new Apple keyboard on 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.