Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does this mean?

Aloha:

I get this message when trying to open a particular .png image in photoshop

User uploaded file

Dan Page

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 1:10 PM

Means pretty much what it says. One of Photoshop's files is damaged, and so can't open a .png file because the code it uses to parse the file is no good. You'll probably have to reinstall Photoshop.

3 replies

Nov 5, 2013 2:23 PM in response to DanPage

Is it reading all other .png files without a problem? If so, then the message is off base by reporting that Photoshop is having an issue, and not something more precise like, "The file is damaged and cannot be parsed." In which case, you'd just be wasting your time reinstalling PS.

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen messages that weren't even close to the real problem. Like this one displayed by Grapher if you have fonts it needs deactivated (except from my font article):

Apple's Grapher application also requires Times. Like Monaco's GamutWorks, it must specifically be Times. In addition, Grapher also requires Symbol. Without Times, Grapher will not launch, instead giving you a message that there was a problem with the application. If you have Times open but not Symbol, Grapher will launch but then erroneously tell you there is a font conflict, when in reality it's just that Symbol is missing.

What does this mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.