After quite a bit of wrestling, i got it to work.
1. Go to the calendar application and create a new account.
2.Select "Add CalDAV Account".
3. Select "Account Type" as advanced.
4. Enter your username and password.
5. Enter "Server Address " as google.com
6. Enter "Server Path" as https://www.google.com:email@example.com/user
7. Select "Use SSL" and port should be 443.
That's it. It should work.
I did that. This is my bosses computer/gmail accounts.
He has 2 gmail accounts I set up. the first never uses the cal
The second is the one I miss typed dar insetad of dav.
Deleted BOTH gmails and logged out of icloud.
Logged back into icloud
Set up gmail account 1
Set up gmail account 2 (did not check the ical box)
Manually entered the caldev info as a new account
The old wrong url error comes back
The correct caldev displays as well.
THANK YOU. I've been tryin for weeks.
FOR THOSE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM ON iPHONE/iPAD:
The above instructions work the same, with some minor changes:
1. Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars >Add Account
2.Select "Other" at the bottom of the list.
3. Select "Add CalDAV Account".
4. Enter "Server Address " as google.com
5. Enter your username and password, and the description you'd like.
6. IT WILL NOT WORK when you click next. Wait for verification to fail, then select advanced when it gives you the option in the pop-up dialogue
7. Enter "account URL ashttps://www.google.com:firstname.lastname@example.org/user
8. Select "Use SSL" and port should be 443.
That's what I did on my phone, and verification went through and it immediately began populating when I opened the calendar app on my iphone.
Thank you Sky!! I was struggling with this.
Worked perfectly on big computer..
On my IOS device, however, I had to do the following
1. go to settings
2. go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. choose "other" (at bottom of choices)
4. under calendars, choose "Add CalDav Account"
Fill in blanks (note: under server.. you need to put the "server PATH" that sky suggested.. NOT just the server)
Server: https://www.google.com:email@example.com/user (Note: for the "username" part of this link, I inserted only the first part of my gmail address)
User Name: username (Note: I put the full email address associated with my google account)
Password: your password
Message was edited by: Kelarity