Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(i7 battery) Macbook Air 2013

So basically let me give you a quick backstory..
I got the MBA 13 inch with the i7 upgrade as a birthday gift. While I was in the store, before I purchased it, I wanted to check the battery life. On a factory charge, mine said 11:35 Hours (aprox. 84%). I though that was great as many other MBA owners with the upgraded cpu were speculating that their systems were only getting 8-10 hours MAX on a full charge. Could I of been lucky and somehow avoided this possable 'fault' or defect? Im not sure if this is relevent or not but I ordered it in October (Assuming it came from China) and took 5 weeks to get delivered to the store. Maybe I got some revised parts or somthing?

Thanks

Kind Regards,
Isaac

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Upgraded to Core i7 and 8GB Ram

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 3:18 PM

I doubt it. The Time Remaining is just a Guess based on what the system was doing just before you checked the Time Remaining. If the system was asleep or not doing anything the Time Remaining will go up. If it is being used that TR will go down. It really does not matter what that reads as depending on what you are doing on the computer you can use the battery up much faster than what TR reads. And just because it says it has X amount of time left doesn't mean the battery won't run out before that time.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2013 3:18 PM in response to turbo5513

I doubt it. The Time Remaining is just a Guess based on what the system was doing just before you checked the Time Remaining. If the system was asleep or not doing anything the Time Remaining will go up. If it is being used that TR will go down. It really does not matter what that reads as depending on what you are doing on the computer you can use the battery up much faster than what TR reads. And just because it says it has X amount of time left doesn't mean the battery won't run out before that time.

Nov 6, 2013 4:57 PM in response to Zombie Slayer

Another tip is to calibrate the battery at least every few months.

a) Fully charge your MacBook.

b) Once fully charged, leave it plugged in for at least another 2 hours.

c) Remove the MagSafe power adapter, and use your computer until it reaches around 5% remaining.

d) Plug in your MacBook and charge it to 100% battery life.

e) Once fully charged, your battery has been properly calibrated.

Nov 6, 2013 5:06 PM in response to Zombie Slayer

Zombie Slayer reaches around 5% remaining.////your battery has been properly calibrated.

You DO NOT want to purposefully drain the Lithium cells low. 😊

As per apple: Portables with built-in batteries Current Apple portable computer batteries are pre-calibrated and do not require the calibration procedure

From Apple on batteries:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1446

LiPo battery packs in your macbook do NOT need (nor can they really) be calibrated.

(i7 battery) Macbook Air 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.