Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with the HD attached to my Apple Airport Express to show up on my Playstation 3.

Hi, I have the Apple Airport Extreme. I have connected it to my ISP router and attached a WD 2TB HardDrive. I can access the HD wirelessly via my MacBook, PC, Mobile & Tablet. Now, my PS3 is also connected to the same network wirelessly. On the home screen (of the PS3) where it says Pictures, Music, Video etc - the HD doesnt show up. It picks up my sisters laptop (windows 7) and shows her laptop as a media server, but the HD connected to the AAE (Apple Airport Express) doesnt show up. Even after I pressed "Search for Media Servers". Hmmm.. help? Thanks!

Apple Airport Express-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 5:38 PM

The issue is that the AirPort Extreme is not a DLNA-compliant media server and that is what your PS3 (as a DLNA media player) is looking for.

1 reply

Help with the HD attached to my Apple Airport Express to show up on my Playstation 3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.