Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BUG Keynote 06 with Timeline 3d

Hi

I noted a big bug for timeline 3d with mac os mavericks and keynote and I report it to you:

I've mac os mavericks with installed both keynote 09 (v. 5.3) and keynote 6.0

When I export with timeline 3d a timeline as a keynote slideshow (with QuickTime Movies or Still Image is the same) also if the presentation should open immediately with keynote 09, it opens instead autonomously with the new keynote v. 6.0.

Unfortunately, however, the slideshow exported appears empty, with only one single black slide, with dimensions of about 300kb, regardless of the type of timeline built (quicktime or still images). I also noticed that the Quicktime videos that timeline 3d save in ~ / Movies / Timeline Exports, appear during export, but disappear when it ends, without ending up in the trash but disappearing altogether, as if there was an error that howeveris not reported from the timeline 3d during the process.

The only way to be able to export the timeline 3d in a keynote slideshow properly is: keep open during the exportation both keynote 09 (v.5.3) and the other keynote (v. 6.0) with an open presentation in both. In doing so the timeline is properly exported to a file .Key (both with quicktime movies with both still images), and is opened with keynote is 09 (see 5.3) that with keynote v. 6.0 as a correct slideshow.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9), BUG With Keynote 06 and Timeline 3d

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 4:26 PM

5 replies

Nov 9, 2013 1:16 AM in response to arono1

I found your solution:

Start up Keynote (2009) not Keynote (2013), and just select and open a new template from the main screen. The slide size must be 1024 x 768 (this is normally the standard setting when creating a new document). Then on Timeline 3D, when exporting your file, select Slide Size: 1024 x 768 iPad, Media Type: Quick Time Movies.

You MUST have the Keynote 2009 template file open. Once Timeline has finsihed exporting, it will automatically open up in Keynote 2009.

**When I tried opening both Keynote 2009 & 2013 while exporting, nothing happened. Make sure Keynote 2013 is closed, and all should be well.

Nov 9, 2013 2:57 AM in response to arono1

Sorry, my last post seems to have failed after one attempt.

I found a better solution that works perfectly, delete the latest version of Keynote (2013) and stick with Keynote (2009) - It works perfectly every time.

If you keep the lateest version of Keynote on your computer, it still does not work, you need to remove.

Hopefully the bug can be fixed soon eough to redownload Keynote 2013.

Nov 10, 2013 1:55 AM in response to arono1

Thanks for all your answers.

However i sent a mail explaining the problem to timeline'beedocs staff...and they answered me this:

Thank you for sending us this information. The release of Keynote 6.0 with Mavericks removes Applescript capability for Apple's entire iWork suite. As a result, all interfaces to Apple apps that were using Applescript no longer work. Timeline 3D will no longer generate slides for Keynote automatically, unless you still have the older version of Keynote.

We believe we have a workaround for this recent change. In the meantime, another way to develop a Keynote presentation of your timeline is to go to File -> Export 3D -> Image Sequence. This will generate a sequence of images that you can add to Keynote slides. It is the same sequence of images that we were using to build the Keynote presentation automatically before the release of Keynote 6.0.

We anticipate releasing a workaround to this issue in the next couple weeks. In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience. We did extensive testing on Mavericks prior to release, but Apple did not announce the changes to Keynote until the day of the Mavericks release.

So we must only wait for an update!

BUG Keynote 06 with Timeline 3d

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.