Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dont want my iphone and computer to sync bookmarks. How do I stop the syncing?

My phone is my personal phone as well is my macbook, but I basically use my macbook to do my work in it and I play with my phone.When they sync together, the new information is irrelevant on the other device. I feel like it's an easy thing to fix in itunes. Can someone guide me????

THanks

iPhone 5c

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 6:28 PM

1 reply

Nov 5, 2013 6:36 PM in response to BlackberrytoiPhone

On the Mac go to System Preferences->iCloud and uncheck Safari.

On the phone it will be in the settings but I don;t have my phone near me and I'm not exactly sure where the setting is. Look in Safari and iCloud.

This is of course if you are syncing through iCloud, which if you have Mavericsk is the only way to sync.

If you are syncing through iTunes on an earlier OS I'm not sure.

With the phine connected look in iTunes under your phone in the Info tab.

I dont want my iphone and computer to sync bookmarks. How do I stop the syncing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.