Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to connect my iPhone 4 to my MacBook Pro using bluetooth, but it won't work. Any ideas what to do?

I'm trying to connect my iPhone 4 to my MacBook Pro using bluetooth, but it won't work. Any ideas what to do?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 6:38 PM

7 replies

Feb 18, 2014 11:25 AM in response to AnaMusic

OS X Mavericks: Bring Back SyncServices

=================================

Please bring back SyncServices with OS X Mavericks. Register your concern and request for Apple to restore SyncServices to OS X Mavericks through Mac OS X Product Feedback at http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

See About SyncServices http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5847 for Apple's latest discussion of SyncServices.

Removing SyncServices from OS X Mavericks and requiring iCloud (or other network-based and cloud-based solutions) to synchronize to iOS devices is not acceptable. Users must continue to have the option and choice to sync Contacts, Calendars, Notes and Mail account settings locally over USB, at a minimum, and to store, maintain and backup their data locally.

iCloud syncing doesn't fully comprehend use of a "Family Mac" for several iOS devices and can compromise the security of user private data by passing/storing data through iCloud or other network-based services to sync the Mac to iOS devices.

Users must have the option for local control of personal Contacts, Calendars, Notes and Mail account settings information and backup. They should not be forced to trust personal data to a Cloud or other network-based service. Neither should users be forced to set up their own local CardDAV servers, CalDAV servers or servers that utilitze the Excahnge ActiveSync protocol to sync their iOS device data under their control. SyncServices worked perfectly well in OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.x) and earlier. It should be restored to OS X Mavericks (10.9.x) and newer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.