Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I log in to iCloud without having any Apple devices?

I don't own any Apple devices. I am using Windows 8.1. I have iTunes 11.1.3.8 on my Windows HP laptop. I've subscribed to iMatch to store my iTunes songs on iCloud. When iTunes was automatically updated, iCloud 3.0 Control Panel was also installed on my Windows 8.1 computer. When I tried to sign in to iCloud I received this message:

"Cannot Sign Up. This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud Account."

I'm confused. I thought that I had an iCloud account throught my iMatch subscription.

Do I have to own an Apple device in order to log in to iCloud? How do I log in to iCloud? How do I set up an iCloud Account?

I tried to call Apple Support about this issue, but they asked for my Apple Serial Number, and I don't have one because I don't own an Apple device.

I hope someone can help me with this issue. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 on HP Envy Touch Screen

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 8:01 PM

You have to have an Apple device to create an iCloud account (not just subscribe to a service like iTiunes Match). You have to create your iCloud account on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) running iOS 5 or higher, or on a Mac running OS X Lion (10.7.5) or higher. After creating your account on one of these devices you will then be able to sign into the account on your PC.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2013 8:01 PM in response to Ectophile

You have to have an Apple device to create an iCloud account (not just subscribe to a service like iTiunes Match). You have to create your iCloud account on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) running iOS 5 or higher, or on a Mac running OS X Lion (10.7.5) or higher. After creating your account on one of these devices you will then be able to sign into the account on your PC.

Can I log in to iCloud without having any Apple devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.