Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to change keyboard to British English?

I bought my iPhone 4S in the United States, however, even though I have set my keyboard to British English it continues to autocorrect simple things I type such as "colour" back to "color". Everything else on my iPhone is also set back to UK setting as well: language, voice control, region format, etc.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 8:36 PM

5 replies

Nov 5, 2013 8:40 PM in response to amariszi

Go into Settings > General > Keyboard and turn off Auto-Correction and Check Spelling.

With those off, click on Keyboards and verify that your keyboard is English (UK). If it is, click Add New Keyboard and change it to English (Australia) and then restart your device.

After restarting your device, go back into Settings > General > Keyboard and change your keyboard back to English (UK) and turn Auto-Correction and Check Spelling back on.

Jan 22, 2014 7:13 AM in response to amariszi

I had this problem, too. Tom Gewecke is correct. Changing the keyboard to British only affects the layout. You need to Add New Keyboard-> English (UK), and you also need to change the language to British English. I am in Jamaica, and with my Region Format set to Janaica, everything now works fine and I can type "colour" with it no longer being autocorrected to the US spelling.

Trying to change keyboard to British English?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.