Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just updated to maverick and airport says I am out of range

So I just updated to the new maverick software and I am having trouble connecting to my airport express. It is saying I am out of range but I have not changed my distance from the airport. Is there anyway I can fix this?

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 8:39 PM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2013 4:06 AM in response to curtisdickey23

Perform a factory reset on the airport express, make connection with internet with a cable in the airport express, and connect the airport to your wifi on the usual way. Unplug the internet cable: miracle: the airport works with macbook pro (airfoil in my case), iphone and ipad (airplay).

Nov 28, 2013 6:43 AM in response to curtisdickey23

Please check on the side of the AirPort Express to locate the model number.

If you happen to see A1084 or A1088, Mavericks will not support these older version of the AirPort Express. You can use a Mac running Leopard or Snow Leopard, or a PC to administer the older Express.

If you see model number A1264 or A1392, then Maveicks will work with this product.....and you may need to reset it as jonvis has suggested above.

just updated to maverick and airport says I am out of range

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.