Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mid 2012 13" Macbook Pro is not charging and not recognizing the A/C adapter. Is there anything I can do?

The light on the A/C adapter does not turn on when I plug it into the macbook pro. I tried resetting the SMC, but the Macbook Pro still does not recognize the charger. Is the charging port broken? Is there anything I can do to fix it before finally taking it in to the Genius Bar? I have also tried using multiple chargers so I know there is no problem with the charger. Will it cost a lot as my macbook is three months out of warranty?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 11:14 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

If you have got a different charger, try plugging it to the Mac and see if it charges. Also, check that your charger (the one you have got now) light appears in orange or green when you plug it in. If it doesn't turn on, it's possible that the charger is not working correctly.

I recommend you to take the Mac and the charger to an Apple Store or reseller. If the problem is the charger, the repair will be cheap, but if the problem is the logic board or the battery connector, it may be expensive

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2013 11:14 PM in response to TheFlyingKumar

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

If you have got a different charger, try plugging it to the Mac and see if it charges. Also, check that your charger (the one you have got now) light appears in orange or green when you plug it in. If it doesn't turn on, it's possible that the charger is not working correctly.

I recommend you to take the Mac and the charger to an Apple Store or reseller. If the problem is the charger, the repair will be cheap, but if the problem is the logic board or the battery connector, it may be expensive

Nov 14, 2013 9:33 AM in response to TheFlyingKumar

UPDATE:

I took my MacBook Pro into the apple store and I found out that my Magsafe charger had burnt out my charging port. I cost me $10 for the replacement port and apple charged me a $39.99 labor charge. My laptop is now charging and working perfectly. Thankfully the whole logic board did not have to be replaced becuase the Magsafe port is separate and not attached to it.

My Mid 2012 13" Macbook Pro is not charging and not recognizing the A/C adapter. Is there anything I can do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.