Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Permission Errors (InstalledPrinters and ARDAgent)

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Mavericks, I'm getting permission errors for InstalledPrinters.plist and ARDAgent. For the first errors, Disk Utility tells me that they got repaired, but if I verify again (either immediately or after a restart), I see that they are listed again.

User uploaded file

Group differs on “Library/Printers/InstalledPrinters.plist”; should be 80; group is 0.

Permissions differ on “Library/Printers/InstalledPrinters.plist”; should be -rw-rw-rw- ; they are -rw-r--r-- .

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

The InstalledPrinters errors exist on both of my Macs, but the ARDAgent only on one of them (MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), (9,2) 2.9GHz i7, 8GB, 480GB SSD)

Anyone knows how to fix them?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), (9,2) 2.9GHz i7, 8GB, 480GB SSD

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 2:46 AM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2013 10:22 AM in response to AMDeeb

I'm having the same issue. Others have pointed out that iTunes results in a TON of permission errors when runnning Disk Utility.

Repairing permissions does not fix this issue, and all of the permission errors remain after repair. I have also run Disk Utility while booted into Recovery mode, but have the same results.

Dec 10, 2013 8:53 AM in response to AMDeeb

Same problem here, SUID warning and InstalledPrinters.plist.

Neither does any harm but if you are fussy as I am, here is how I fixed both annoyances.

ARDAgent 3.7.1 gives that SUID warning after updating it from 3.7.0. If you have a back-up like you should, go to System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement and find ARDAgent.app. Make sure it is version 3.7 and copy it and then go to your startup disc and replace the version 3.7.1. After that when Apple’s Software Update tells you to update, DONT. Update everything else but not the ARDAgent until there is a version 3.7.2 and then try it first on a back-up just in case it is also corrupt.

Now to the InstalledPrinters.plist, go to Library/Printers and look for InstalledPrinters.plist. Remove it but don’t delete it. It may be a remnant from an earlier system because removing it did not recreate a new one and both my printer function as they did before. If you find a problem with your printer you can always put it back.

You will have to enter your Administrator password whenever asked for it.

Hope this works for you as it did for me.

Disk Permission Errors (InstalledPrinters and ARDAgent)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.