Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro vs. Air for Web Design

Hello, I am a graphic designer and am merging into Web design. It is time to replace my old 17" MacBook Pro, so I need some guidance on which to choose: a MacBook Pro or a MB Air for what I am doing. I'm usually using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Fireworks, Photoshop and Dreamweaver and use some Google and WordPress Web editing tools. My question is: which would be better for the things that I do? I like the lightness, convenience and battery life of the Air but feel this irrational need to have a laptop with CD burning capability, because some clients ask for CDs,( though I could always burn those on my old machine).

Also, can the OS be upgraded on an Air if there is an upgrade or will I need CD capability for that in the future?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 4:59 AM

Going from a 17" display to a choice of a 13" or a 15" display should give the nod to the latter option, especially for your intended primary usage.

Neither option offers a built in DVD drive any more therefore an external one will be required.

The OS can be upgraded on any Mac providing that it meets the new OS'd requirements. If past history is any guide, several generations of OS upgrades can be accommodated. That should not be a great concern.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2013 4:59 AM in response to AngloFrenchman

Going from a 17" display to a choice of a 13" or a 15" display should give the nod to the latter option, especially for your intended primary usage.

Neither option offers a built in DVD drive any more therefore an external one will be required.

The OS can be upgraded on any Mac providing that it meets the new OS'd requirements. If past history is any guide, several generations of OS upgrades can be accommodated. That should not be a great concern.

MacBook Pro vs. Air for Web Design

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.