Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configuring the default configuration profile for Profile Manager

Hello folks,

I would like to edit the default configuration profile served by Profile Manger. As far as I understand the only thing I can configure from the Server.app is the name of the profile. The settings for the different services provided by the server (such Mail, Messages, etc.) are automatically chosen by Server.app. When logging as an administrator on the Profile Manager webapp, I can go to "Groups", choose "Everyone", go to "Settings" to review the different payloads. However, almost none of the settings are editable. You can read "This payload is configured using the Server app" on the top of the various panels.

So my question is: How do you use Server to tweek those payloads? Can this be done using the serveradmin command line tool?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

OS X Server, Mountain Lion Server

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 4:44 AM

There are no replies.

Configuring the default configuration profile for Profile Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.