Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after installing the Maverick upgrade my Apple Mail search and flags no longer work correctly?

after installing the Maverick upgrade my Apple Mail search and flags no longer work correctly? I've already rebuilt the mailboxes with no change in the problem. What else can I do???

Apple Mail-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 6:07 AM

7 replies

Nov 8, 2013 7:09 PM in response to brenden dv

@brenden dv

That is not work for me.

I'm have this problem from 10.8.5

there are no way to fix it.

I'm try everything, like bleow

reinstall system,and only open mail

rebuilt mailbox and spotlight

clean my mail account, and rebuilt that to redownload from IMAP.

I can find mail from spotlight, or findel search. but whatever I do, that just cant do search at mail.app

Now, my system is 10.9, use 2013 late rMBP, already install all update.

For sure my system is new, everything is copy from old system or reinstall, not use tools to restore.

Nov 22, 2013 10:21 AM in response to as2020

I am having the same problem. I am running the most recent Mail with all updates applied. I have reimported all my email, ran mdimport to reindex everything in mail. As the most recent effort, I turned off Spotlight on the disk, deleted the index, then turned Spotlight back on and totally rebuilt the index; it made no difference.

The problem is that a search in Mail (or spotlight) for email that was sent or received since I upgraded to Mavericks returns nothing. NADA. Zilch. Anything sent or received before that seems to turn up fine. It as is the email isn't being added to the Spotllight index.

The mail is there -- if I find it using Emacs under the Terminal, I can see it in the mailbox in the LIbrary. And if I go to that specific date in Mail, the message is there. But it is invisible to search.

Dec 7, 2013 10:02 PM in response to as2020

Same problem here. Upgraded to Mavericks with my email working as well as Apple Mail can with Exchange but then it stopped sending/receiving so I deleted the account, then readded it as was mentioned on a previous support I read. It added the account fine, but only emails since I added the new account are searchable. All of the mail from my account is still stored offline, but is not searchable. Driving me crazy.

Another interesting tidbit is since readding my account, every time I try to quit Mail, it won't quit. I need to force quit it to work. If any of you find solutions, please add them here. I will do the same. Thanks.

Mar 31, 2014 8:25 PM in response to as2020

Welll, am having same issue, all of a sudden, out of the blue, search in apple mail does not work. I just deleted my envelope files and reimported my messages. Still didn't work. Then, I went to a mailbox, typed in the search a key word and decided to then click on "rebuild" -- a couple of seconds later the search showed up. I tried it again and it worked...again. So for now, this may be a help.

after installing the Maverick upgrade my Apple Mail search and flags no longer work correctly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.