Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete unwanted updates from Updates and Purchases?

When I open App Store on the doc, under Updates, there are some in there that I don't want, and will never want. But it is easy to accidently click the UPDATE button next to them, which I did once by mistake.

Same for the Purchases tab in App Store. How can I remove things from this list?

Reason I've been prompted to ask the question as it tried to download iMovie recently, but it keeps failing and my Launchpad and Applications icons on the dock have a half-completed render progress blue bar through them, which I can not get rid off as iMovie download keeps crashing half way throughn and I don't even want iMovie anyway. How can I fix this iMovie crash issue out?

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 6:15 AM

10 replies

Dec 25, 2013 11:57 AM in response to brenden dv

The Apple article containing instructions on how to ignore updates is erroneous. The described steps do not correlate at all with App Store options in Mountain Lion (yet another lame "update" from Apple). I swear this company is becoming more and more like Micros**t each month. Quite sad. Now on to continue researching how to stop getting prompted every 10 minutes to "upgrade" to Maveriks (an "update" which is frankly not gonna happen on my machine).

Jan 28, 2014 5:09 PM in response to Nigel-66

I've heard from some people that Mavericks is better and faster, and Apple's best OS yet. Yet I've heard just as many (if not more) complaints about Mavericks and how bad it is. I can tell you from personal experience that Mountain Lion is the Windows Vista of Mac. It is awful and I wish I had never "upgraded" from Snow Leopard, which was MUCH better. I haven't switched to Mavericks yet, despite Apple's persistence that I do, because I really don't want to slide further down the Slippery Slope of recent degradation in Apple "quality".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.