Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone configuration utility fails to start: failed to locate apple application support.

Hi,

I'm trying to install IPhone configuration utility on windows 7 64 bit because I need to deploy my developer profile on my ipad.

I have Itunes 64 bit installed., Itunes is seeing my ipad.

And downloaded the iphone configuration utility (iPhoneConfigUtilitySetup.exe from the apple site version 3.6.2, I did not find a 64bit version)

trying to connect it to my ipad mini

Starting the configuration utility, I get a dialog box stating:

"Iphone configuration utility failed to locate 'Apple Application Support". Please reinstall the iphone configuration utility . you can download....."

I did reinstall but still get the same problem.

I found in some forums that more information could be found in C:\Users\jur.PSI\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\iPhone Configuration Utility under ipcu.log

This is what I found after restarting.

[2013-11-06 16:00:57.8482 iPCU] Error: Could not GetProcAddress for CheckCompatibilityOfApplication

[2013-11-06 16:00:59.0533 iPCU] Error: Exception from OnStartupInitial: The device is not ready. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070015)

I have deleted the iphone iPhone Configuration Utility folder from appdata and the same for the ipcu folders under apple inc but restarting gives the same error.

anybody and idea ?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 7:11 AM

There are no replies.

Iphone configuration utility fails to start: failed to locate apple application support.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.