Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage - can't switch back from "send as text ..." for a recipient

Anyone seen this?

Try a message to another iPhone user - confirm it works via iMessage (blue text bubbles NOT green)

Some time later, try again, get message send failure

Try the "send as text message" option, get a successful send. Now it's a normal text send (green text bubbles, NOT blue)

Now, I can't switch back to iMessage mode for that recipient - all new texts go out as normal text message, not iMessage. What gives? I can't locate a place to set what mode is used per recipient, and other iPhone recipients still work via iMessage. Yet another iOS (I have 7.0.3) bug, or could it be the recipient's config (recipient has same phone - a 5s and is also using iOS 7.0.3)?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 6:35 AM

Hi scottdevillers!

I have an article here that can help you troubleshoot this issue, keeping in mind that if this issue is only happening with one recipient, it is very likely that the recipient will need to perform these troubleshooting steps as well in order to fully troubleshoot this issue:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2755

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2013 6:35 AM in response to scottdevillers

Hi scottdevillers!

I have an article here that can help you troubleshoot this issue, keeping in mind that if this issue is only happening with one recipient, it is very likely that the recipient will need to perform these troubleshooting steps as well in order to fully troubleshoot this issue:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2755

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

iMessage - can't switch back from "send as text ..." for a recipient

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.