Skip navigation

Apple has confirmed some upcoming features for iWork.

404 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 1:09 PM by SGIII RSS
BobbyDigital00 Level 3 Level 3 (965 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 6, 2013 9:12 AM
Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • SGIII Level 4 Level 4 (3,290 points)

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for posting this!

If I'm reading it correctly, it seems over the next 6 months we can expect:

• Customize toolbar
    • Improvements to zoom and window placement
    • Multi-column and range sort
    • Auto-complete text in cells
    • Page headers and footers
    • Improvements to AppleScript support

That's great news!

SG

• gsub Calculating status...
    Nov 6, 2013 12:32 PM (in response to SGIII)

Yeaaaahhh ! 6 months more to wait , that's so great !

Apple is 6 months + 3 months earlier, are they joking with users ?

6 months for retrieve autofill, auto complete, cells, pages and so on as complaints seen here.

They should have been more userfriendly, and give us somme nice new versions of Pages & Numbers end november or december.

Now, if we must wait 6 months more, I'm afraid many Apple fans will use some non-apple apps and won't be back.

So many people don't use @cloud, send to @faceb, tweet, youtu… they just want to work at home and just fine, iPhone or iPad or tablets Sams I don't need, just Pages and Numbers on my iMac ;-)

• Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,125 points)
    Nov 6, 2013 12:38 PM (in response to SGIII)

SG,

Close to 40 missing features on my list. In 6 months, four will be restored and two will be addressed in some fashion.

I think we need to chart this!

Jerry

• Wayne Contello Level 6 Level 6 (12,570 points)

Can you do that in Number? 

• SGIII Level 4 Level 4 (3,290 points)

I see in email (but not here) posts from Jerry and Wayne suggesting we should chart the count of missing features, etc. in Numbers.

Excellent idea! Of course that is already being done, in The Great 2013 Numbers Migration Gained and Lost List shared in the What has been GAINED thread with Ian duly appointed by Jerry, and on record as having accepted the appointment, to act as curator!

I find this list really encouraging. Three of the items would have been on my top 5 hit list so I'm pretty happy. For me many of those other missing features not here fall into the "nice but not necessary" category, with easy workarounds. But one person's "bloat" is another person's "essential feature."

SG

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.