Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are Merge Fields gone in iWork 2013?

My previous version of Pages had an Insert for Merge Fields. I created Address Headers and went into Contacts, dragged and dropped, the information fell into place. No extra typing needed. I'm using my Templates from before. Has this handy feature been removed? Please tell me I'm missing something.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 9:02 AM

You are missing Pages 4.3 (which is probably still on your system in applications/iwork). Here's what you Shouls do:

1. Delete Pages 5

2. Go to apple.com/feedback and convey your disappointment

5 replies

Nov 6, 2013 11:39 AM in response to razzman

I stopped using Pages 2013 and reverted to old Pages for mail merge, the problem is that as i previously open the document in P13, now nor readable in old Pages, so had to export to P09, but in old Pages the document lost the hability to merge fields :-(

I believe the problem in old Pages is after Mavericks instalation.

In Numbers13, can´t see the point of placing tables in a row, my name tables are a few charaters long and i can't see the old name nor can it be extended for full view.

Right now i was trying to print a single page out of a long table, can't see the format of the page i chose, its just try and error till get it right and can't also see in print page the page number, had to count it by "hand" to figure witch page to print.

Nov 6, 2013 11:46 AM in response to Paulo Parreira

The problem may be with Contacts in Mavericks, I can see no sign of VCards.

Contacts got the same haircut that Apple gave everything in Mavericks. It is not just Pages.

Everything had a bulldozer run through it.

I think it is time for a consumer strike until Apple pulls its finger out and starts showing something for all those billions it is hoarding. And what are all those employees doing? They can't all be in charge of ordering stationery?

Peter

Are Merge Fields gone in iWork 2013?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.