Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually arranging Library items -- buggy?

I'm trying to figure out whether Aperture (all versions including latest) has a bug or whether I need to delete some preference-files to reset something.

I have several large Libraries, some 'general' ones and some others that are confined to particular travel-adventures. A general library has lots of Projects and a few albums. A travel Library probably has a Project for each camera chip and lots of Albums comprising the days and 'events' of the trip. In every Library, most Albums are manually created and some are Smart Albums.

THE PROBLEM: As I go thru the organizing process, I manually arrange the Albums, etc., in the Inspector pane but after dragging and dropping an Album in the pane it sometimes 'lands' in a spot a few items 'above' the place I dropped it. It's stubborn and repeatable. Restarting Aperture doesn't seem to fix it.

Seveal Aperture versions ago I filed this as a bug but nothing has changed. Have others witnessed it?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Aperture 3.5

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 9:49 AM

2 replies

Nov 7, 2013 2:17 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

That's an okay idea and will 'solve' the problem but it implies that I can make up appropriatly numbered prefixes as I go. Of course I've worked around various sorting problems by naming/numbering the file system's directories and folders on every computer I've ever used (including Unix on the PDP-11/20). But as soon as I want to create another album in-the-middle I might have to adjust a bunch of names. Feh.

As no one else has commented, maybe I'll go delete some preference files. Thanks.

Manually arranging Library items -- buggy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.