Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I establish or change my "Home" location in the Mavericks Maps app?

In the Maps app in Mavericks my "Home" location is completely wrong, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.

The address itself, as it's expressed in text, is correct. But the location on the map in terms of where the address is located is entirely wrong.

How do I alter the location of "Home" in the Maps app to establish the correct location.

I have sumitted an error report to Apple to identify the problem. But this seems to be a futile effort, since I did the same thing when the Maps app was released for iPhone over a year ago and there's been no adjustment made.

So I'm looking for a way to manually correct my "Home" location on the map. Anyone know how to do this?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 10:47 AM

17 replies

Nov 11, 2013 11:22 AM in response to Andrew Robulack

Just want to say I have this exact same problem, and I've had it since iOS6 came out. Sharing this address with anyone is dangerous because it will send them to another town. And yes, it feels futile. I submit these errors, and nothing gets done.

I tried creating a bookmark, but that doesn't help either.

This lack of attention to detail is common with Apple it seems.

Nov 11, 2013 7:59 PM in response to Andrew Robulack

Andrew Robulack wrote:

Yes, I've gotten in the habit of telling friends and colleagues, "Don't use Apple Maps, because you'll just get lost," when I invite them over.

I have to do that with FedEx and UPS, but they aren't using Apple Maps.

They put my house number on the wrong side of the street (odd/even-wise). Apple Maps gets it correct. Google Maps doesn't.

Nov 12, 2013 6:45 AM in response to Barney-15E

Yeah, I wasn't asking about Apple's process for updating information in Maps. I'm starting to believe they don't have one.

I was more asking how I could manually reassign a location to be my "Home" as far as Maps is concerned.

I'm not clear on how Maps actually identifies what my "Home" location is.

This becoemes important, for example, when using Calendar in Mavericks. I'd like to be able to use Calendar to accurately predict travel time from "Home" to other locations. Unfortunately, based on my address, the entire Apple system, from Maps to Calendar, believes I live kilometers from where I actually live.

So, I guess, in lieu of Apple ever actually correcting my address in Maps, I need a way to "hack" Maps to establish the correct location of my "Home" location.

Feb 27, 2014 8:45 AM in response to Andrew Robulack

I have the same or similar wierd problem. For some reason, maps (and calendar when calculating travel time) believe I live some 80 km south of what I do. In another town, a street that doesn't have a similar name to mine. The address in contacts is correct. When I search for that address in maps it shows the correct address. If I type "home" in maps' search field it shows 2 homes, the wrong one and the good one (with the adress wrote). I have no idea how the wrong home got in there and how to get rid of it...

Calendar always uses of course the wrong home to calculate travel times... 😟

User uploaded file

How do I establish or change my "Home" location in the Mavericks Maps app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.