Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to link up MBA with displays

Hi,

I currently own a 2012 Macbook Air and was wondering about connecting it up with different displays. This was the idea I had:

I have a Windows 8 HP Pavilion and was wondering if I could use the screen from that with my MBA as an external display along with another screen from an old Vista PC I had. I could then have the smaller 11" display of the MBA as a desktop so I could launch applications from there and have minor applications not running full-screen on there. Also, I know how on my MBA I can switch between fullscreen applications; would I be able to do that with my two displays but by-passing the MBA? How would I go about doing this (what connectors and how to setup)??

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 11" 4gb ram

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 12:03 PM

1 reply

How to link up MBA with displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.