Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot

I have iPhone 5. when I use it as hotspot will the iPhone and the iPad both use data at the same time. I guess what I am trying to find out is will the data plan be charged 2x the data or will it just be as one device.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 8 gigs ram, 750 meg Harddrive

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 12:12 PM

Anything connected to the phone's hotspot uses the data allotment, but not double the charge.

iPad- 20mb

Computer - 50mb

Android- 15mb

Total data used out of the providers tethering allotment 75mb.

Your provider doesn't care what or how things use the data, just as long as you pay for the (probably expensive) tethering option.

Also, about your specs, a 750MB hard drive was expensive back when Windows 95 was brand new.

(Think in terms of Gigabytes)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2013 12:12 PM in response to AWCop

Anything connected to the phone's hotspot uses the data allotment, but not double the charge.

iPad- 20mb

Computer - 50mb

Android- 15mb

Total data used out of the providers tethering allotment 75mb.

Your provider doesn't care what or how things use the data, just as long as you pay for the (probably expensive) tethering option.

Also, about your specs, a 750MB hard drive was expensive back when Windows 95 was brand new.

(Think in terms of Gigabytes)

Nov 6, 2013 12:31 PM in response to chattphotos

The first computer I ever had was a Commodore Vic 20, then Commodore 64 which I still have in the box it came in, also have the tape drive in the original box and also the 5.25" floppy drive as a matter of fact I have 2 of them. Then I think it MSDOS dont remember the eddition. My Windows 95 was a Compaq, it had a 4 gb hd.

Hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.