Upgrading to Snow Leopard
You can purchase Snow Leopard through the Apple Store: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.). The price is $19.99 plus tax. You will be sent physical media by mail after placing your order.
After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store. Access to the App Store enables you to download Mountain Lion if your computer meets the requirements.
Snow Leopard General Requirements
1. Mac computer with an Intel processor
2. 1GB of memory
3. 5GB of available disk space
4. DVD drive for installation
5. Some features require a compatible Internet service provider;
fees may apply.
6. Some features require Apple’s iCloud services; fees and
So how do you then upgrade to Mavericks? You seem to be implying, but will ask... must upgrade from Tiger (10.4) to 10.6.8 to gain App Store Access. Then download/upgrade to Mountain Lion - 10.8 (apparently skipping Lion), then upgrade Mountain Lion to Mavericks - 10.9
In other words, Macs running Snow Leopard - 10.6.8 must upgrade to 10.8, then 10.9?
Hi, you need 10.6.8 first...
First you need to research all the problems people are having with the higher OSX versions, & make sure you have a bootable clone of what you have just in case.
then you must get 10.6, install it & update to 10.6.8 so you have the App Store to buy & download the huge 10.8 Installer.
Snow Leopard/10.6.x Requirements...
* Mac computer with an Intel processor
* 1GB of memory (I say 4GB at least, more if you can afford it)
* 5GB of available disk space (I say 30GB at least)
* DVD drive for installation
* Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
* Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
Which apps work with Mac OS X 10.6?...
Buy Snow Leopard > http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard
Call Apple Sales...in the US: 1-800-MY-APPLE. Or Support... 1-800-275-2273
It looks like they might still have it...