Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera

I cannot share my movie on iMovie 14 - I can export it to Theatre but no other sharing is possible because of the message "This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera"

If I take out the sd card then the clips in the timeline have '?' on them - when I reinsert the sd card they repopulate, but the problem is not solved as I still can't finished this shared movie as they do not seem to import just populate the timeline.

All and any help is gratefully received as this has become quite large problem now!

Many thanks

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 6:45 PM

Very disapointed and frustrated. I correctly imported the video. Then after hourse of editing imove 10.0.1 crahed for no reason on a new Mac book pro retna with almost nothing else running, 16gig of ram and plenty of HD space. Then when I opned it again every frame where their was clip of the movie it says "missing camera". The intro, the transitons, the cut away pictures are all there but no video in the library. I then take the origional SD card and plug it in again and all the video show up. Understand I just spend hours eding the video without the SD card after it imported the whole move. Now I am done and it try to "share" the movie to file and it says "This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera" What a mess. Ideas welcome! User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2014 6:45 PM in response to Kersh87

Very disapointed and frustrated. I correctly imported the video. Then after hourse of editing imove 10.0.1 crahed for no reason on a new Mac book pro retna with almost nothing else running, 16gig of ram and plenty of HD space. Then when I opned it again every frame where their was clip of the movie it says "missing camera". The intro, the transitons, the cut away pictures are all there but no video in the library. I then take the origional SD card and plug it in again and all the video show up. Understand I just spend hours eding the video without the SD card after it imported the whole move. Now I am done and it try to "share" the movie to file and it says "This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera" What a mess. Ideas welcome! User uploaded file

This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.