Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to upload video to YouTube

I have tried twice to upload a video to YouTube. It is a short video, 7 min 33 sec. I get the error, "Failed (unable to convert video file)". I recently upgraded to Mavericks & iMovie 11 and this is the first time trying to upload since the upgrade. Any suggestons?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), iMovie 11.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 1:11 PM

5 replies

Nov 11, 2013 5:54 AM in response to Dutchboy777

What kinds of file format your vidoe is in? To upload videos to YouTube, make sure that you’re using one of the following formats: MOV, MPEG4, AVI, WMV, MPEGPS, FLV, 3GPP, WebM. If you are using a format that is not listed above, you are suggested to convert it to one of the above file formats using proper video converting tool.

<Link Edited By Host>

Jan 8, 2014 5:47 PM in response to Dutchboy777

Although I believe you when you say it worked after removing tags, I don't think there is a solid cause and effect. The web is loaded with complaints of the iMovie to YouTube upload. It is simply NOT stable. I used iMovie '11 with Mountain Lion and now use the new iMovie 10 with Mavericks. Yes, I said iMovie 10. Apple named it that way. Not me. The iMovie to YouTube upload option is unreliable. We all want to try to narrow it down to a font or a clip or a photo or a title or the duration or the HD resolution etc... In fact, we are wasting our time until Apple works out these issues. I made 20 upload atttempts today. All using an approx 4 minute clip. Trust me. I got "Failed (unable to convert video file)" several times and each time worked to focus on the problem. Nothing was logical. I would add a single photo to a project that had previously worked and it would bomb. I would then delete that photo and it would still fail.

Unable to upload video to YouTube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.