Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore iPad 2

I have just purchased a second hand iPad 2 which I have restored using iTunes but now it is asking for Apple ID that was used to erase iPad but it won't accept mine. What can I do.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 3:02 PM

3 replies

Nov 6, 2013 3:20 PM in response to Jae39

Nothing. You need to get the previous owner's apple id to unlock it.

Its the new anti-theft feature in iOS7. It prevents unauthorized restoration of an iDevice unless the Apple Id it was associated with is entered to release it..

There is no way to get around that as it would defeat the purpose of the feature.

You need to contact the seller and request the info.

Nov 7, 2013 12:53 AM in response to Jae39

Read this. Specifically, the section titled "What if I purchase a device that is still linked to the previous owner's account?"

There is no way around getting the previous account holder to disable the Find My iPad feature and remove the device from their iCloud account. You can point them to the instructions for doing so.

I only hope you haven't purchased a lost or stolen device because in that case, you have just bought a useless iPad.

Good luck! Hope you make contact.

Restore iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.