Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-import photos from my iPhone?

The external hard drive that held my iPhoto library failed.

However, about 1000 photos are still on my iPhone, because I don't like to delete them after I import them. Yea!

I created a new iPhoto Library, and would like to import all the old photos into it, but it will only import "new" photos that were not ever imported into iPhoto.

How do I re-import the photos into my new iphoto library?

OR... How can I grab the photos from the iPhone (my Photo Stream?) and save them onto my computer?

<obviously, I'm not that computer savy, so if your answer is really technical, it also needs to be really detailed... :-)>

Thanks for any help! It's frustrating to see the photos out on my phone, but not have a way to get them back onto my computer.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 1:56 PM

8 replies

Nov 6, 2013 3:21 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks Old Toad.

I checked the things that you mentioned, but I'm not having any luck.

The Photo Stream settings on the new library are correct, but it's only importing "new" photos from the last couple of months.

I tried connecting the phone to the computer and launching iphoto, and again, it doesn't show anything to import. its like the phone is empty, but when I go into iTunes, it shows that there are about 4Gig of photos on the phone.

in iPhoto, the PhotoStream only shows about 100 photos going back to Sept 28 2013.

When I go into the iphone photos app, I show photos going back about a year to November 2012.. This is in the "Photos" tab on the bottom left. When I click on "Albums" tab I get "My Photo Stream", which shows 966 photos. Is there a way to get these photos from the iPhone photo stream into iPhoto? Where do I find myPhotoStream? is it on the internet somewhere, so that I can recover or reimport these photos?

soo confused...

NanaMaltby

How do I re-import photos from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.