Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express Model A1264 - No configured base stations found

Hello,

I've searched the forums for an answer but without luck. Here is the background. An electrical storm this summer blew out my old modem and so got a new Actiontec C1000A modem to use with my Century Link service. It has the WPS button on the front. I have the Airport Express Model A1264 1st Gen n-model that I use for streaming music. It sits in my living room and is connected to my receiver so I can stream items from my iPhone or iPad when the receiver is in "Dock" mode.

With the new modem I can't resolve the flashing amber light. I have reset it numerous times with a paper clip but with no luck. The Airport Utility (6.3.1) simply gives me a "No configured Airport base stations have been found. Airport Utility will continue searching" message. The Airport Utility shows I'm connected to the internet with a router address and DNS server numbers. In the Base Station drop down menu in the Airport Utility, all of the options are grey.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Gen), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 3:06 PM

6 replies

Nov 6, 2013 3:30 PM in response to jonny69

Are you holding down the reset button on the AirPort Express for 10 seconds, then allowing a full minute for the Express to restart?

Once the Express has been reset, it will not simply "appear" in AirPort Utility....if that is what you are expecting it to do......you have to initiate the setup process.

Click on the AirPort icon at the top of the Mac's screen and wait a few seconds for a listing of New AirPort Base Station to appear.

Just below that, click directly on AirPort Express

AirPort Setup will open up automatically and suggest that you configure the Express to "extend" a wireless network. That probably will not work, so click on Other Options and select the Add to a Network option to get the process started.

Assuming that the Actiontec modem/router is using compatible settings, the AirPort will be setup to "join" the Actiontec wireless network

User uploaded file

Nov 7, 2013 7:10 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thanks for the addt'l info Bob, but unfortunately that did not help.

After holding down the reset button for more than 10 seconds and re-plugging it back in, it did not show up when I clicked on the WiFi menu at the top right of the screen. I did press the WPS button on the modem during this process to see if that would help "discover" the Airport Express.

User uploaded file

Not sure if there is a potential solution in the Airport Utility under the File / Configure Other... menu path.

Thanks, Jon

Nov 7, 2013 7:49 AM in response to jonny69

Try temporarily connecting an Ethernet cable from your computer to the Ethernet port on the Express to see if that will help AirPort Utility "see" the AirPort Express.

If that works, you can configure the Express that way, then disconnect the Ethernet cable once the setup is complete, and move the Express to location where it is needed.

Nov 7, 2013 9:50 AM in response to jonny69

I've seen this issue before, and unfortunately it took a new AirPort Express to fix the problem.

I doubt that the Configure Other option in AirPort Utility will help, but I suppose it is worth a try as a last ditch effort.

When the AirPort is reset, it has a default IP Address of 10.0.1.1 and the default password is "public", so you would enter in the following in the Address and Password fields.

public

If still no luck, there is something wrong in the discovery software of AirPort Utility, or the Express is having problems.

If you try another computer, or an iPhone or iPad and still cannot "see'" the AirPort Express, then I think that you likely have a defective Express that will need to be replaced.

Airport Express Model A1264 - No configured base stations found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.