Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

11.1.3 crashing as soon as any music is played.

I'm running the newly updated 11.1.3 on OS X. Opens up just fine, and plays movies just fine. However, the moment I play any of my music, I get an 'Internal Error' popup and iTunes asks me whether I want to continue running in an inconsistent state or crash and report. If choosing continue, iTunes freezes but the song keeps playing. Anyone else having this issue?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 3:21 PM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2013 8:24 PM in response to himynameisal

I have a similar problem that began with 11.1.2 on OS X and is persisting now with 11.1.3. iTunes will open up without any problem, but when I start to play music or perform any other action in iTunes (e.g. watch a video, rip a CD, and so on), a gray arrow will pop up in the upper right hand corner indicating that downloads are pending, yet from where I don't know since a few seconds after the arrow appears, the entire app freezes. The only recourse I have is to force quit iTunes, then open it again. But usually the gray arrow will return shortly after iTunes is reopened, then the app will freeze, and I need to force quit iTunes once again. Can anyone explain what is happening and how to fix this annoying issue?

Dec 26, 2013 6:28 PM in response to himynameisal

iTunes freezes for me too, but with zero warning. No unusual load according to Activity Monitor, great sound playing music for a few minutes, then there's a "click," silence, and the iMac freezes. It will sleep/wake when I press the power button, but I can't switch apps or get iTunes to do anything. I'm forced to hold down the power button until it reboots. The only other apps running are (usually) Safari, Mail, and Stickies, and the freeze will happen only minutes after a reboot.

This never happened on my old iMac (mid-2007) running Mavericks 10.9.1. (But then again, I rarely ran iTunes on that system because it slowed down the whole system with other apps running.)

iTunes 11.1.3 on OS X Mavericks 10.9.1

21.5-inch late 2013 iMac / 2.7 GHz quad Core i5 / 16GB RAM / 1TB Fusion drive

sound output through harman / kardon SoundSticks

11.1.3 crashing as soon as any music is played.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.