Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I'm signing up for my ID number is it for a new business or for banking purposes

I'm in the process of signing up for a federal ID number and it is asking me if I am getting the number for "starting a new business" or "banking purposes". Since it's a requirement to sell an Ibook in itunes, which is it? Banking or starting a business?

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 3:56 PM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2013 2:58 AM in response to jwajc

The EIN? if so this is an Apple requirement for tax purposes. Seems to be a USA employer requirement.

On my form I declared as new business ....ebook publisher.

The Banking and Contracts section is for you to confirm your bank details...if/ when you sell items...Apple transfer your earnings less their commission, to your bank. The contracts are Apple requirements.

Its advisable to apply for EiN by telephone ..of you do the agents you will speak with are very helpful and will take you step by step through the forms. It takes about 10 -15 minutes. and they give you the number then and confirm i. writing.

Apple have other banking requirements for UK, Canada and Australia.

when I'm signing up for my ID number is it for a new business or for banking purposes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.