Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to turn on touch ID for iTunes & App Store

When I try, the feature is grayed out. I looked at my settings for iTunes & App store and my Apple ID is entered and when I click it i have the option to 'sign out' so I believe I am signed in. Any ideas on how to enable this feature?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 3:58 PM

10 replies

Nov 7, 2013 9:03 AM in response to ckuan

I have went in and enabled restrictions - it didn't work. I then enabled restrictions and disabled iTunes Store, Installing Apps, Deleteing Apps, and In-App Purchases and I am still not having luck with getting the option to tun this on. The 'requrie passwork' is also set to 15 minutes. See pictures as maybe I am in the wrong place.User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Nov 7, 2013 1:02 PM in response to koman12

That's the opposite to what you should have done.

Options in Restrictions should be ON are

iTunes Store

Installing Apps

In-App Purchases

Try sign out in Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID: > tap here to sign out.

Reset iPhone: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Note: You will not lose any data.

Sign back in.

Feb 19, 2014 8:20 PM in response to ckuan

Hi,

Please do the following setting :-

Setting > General > Restrictions > turn on the restrctions Note: You have to allow installaing apps, In-app purchases etc ie, should be green.

Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Touch ID> iTunes & App Store > trun to on

Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Require Passcode > Change to immediately

Then if you purchase any app Touch ID window will prompt automatically , you cand enter password or use touch ID....

Hope this will help you......

I want to turn on touch ID for iTunes & App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.