Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband 10 & Logic 9

Hello, Support Communities.

I have a late 2011 iMac now running OS X Mavericks. I updated Garageband to version 10, and tried opening a project in Logic 9. I got an error message that told me I had to have Logic X to open Garageband 10 projects.

I know the first thing most people will say is, "Garageband '11 (6.0.5) is still installed on the computer in a folder named 'Garageband (6.0.5)'." My problem is, I have Garageband on my iPhone and iPad, and put lots of projects on my computer to be further edited. I can no longer open these projects in Garageband '11.

I wanted to know if I'm the only one who finds this a major issue. I can't afford Logic X, and to be quite honest, Logic 9 does the trick for me, and does it well. I never considered paying $200 for a program when I really don't have to. Please can someone offer a suggestion?

Thanks in advanced.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 4:01 PM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2013 7:31 PM in response to iemmanuelwash

I'd agree this is an issue. Switching from logic pro to garageband does feel like a downgrade - even if it is the lastest Garageband. The only solution Apple offers is to shell out $200. Not very palatable.

Still seems like that or making do with Garageband's dumbed down interface are our two options. Feels like a cheap move, Apple.

Garageband 10 & Logic 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.