Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

General question about mail addresses thru cox

Hi,

I am not sure where to address this general question about email addresses.

My wife wants to switch internet, cable and phones to Direct TV. Right now we have those services through cox as our internet service provider so several of my email addresses that I have had for 15 years end in @cox.net. I know that my Apple email addresses ending in mac.com or me.com or gmail.com will be fine and I will be able to keep them.

My concern and question is what about the cox.net email addresses? Won't those go away because we will no longer be on cox's servers?

The Direct TV sales person has said that the cox email address will "come along" just like your current phone numbers will "come along". Technically I can not visualize that happening.

Can anyone help me with this question.

Thank you

AZ Billy D

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 4:44 PM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2013 12:30 PM in response to Western AZ Mac

Unless DirecTV has a relationship with Cox in your locale, I have trouble beleiving Cox would turn over anything involving its domain to DTV. And as a former employee of one of DTV's vendors, I also very seriously doubt there is such a relationship. I can't say what the sales person meant, but I can only speculate that they would help you get those email messages moved.

You will need to prepare to lose those email addresses you have with Cox, but should be able to set up forwarding on them for a while (30 days or more is typical).

And if it might make a suggestion, do not use DTV's ISP for email. Find something independant from your ISP/Cable/TV services such as Gmail (but there are others). It will help you avoid this issue in the future (been there, done that, actually learned my lesson).

General question about mail addresses thru cox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.