3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 2:04 PM by manfrominternet
manfrominternet Level 1 (0 points)

On any given project, whenever I select everything in my timeline and try to remove all the attributes, I get an error message that reads "operation not allowed."

If I select a smaller chuck of files on my timeline and hit remove attributes, it works, but this isn't the case if I select everything in my timeline.

How do I fix this? Thanks!

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • Meg The Dog Level 6 (10,880 points)

Have you tried trashing your Final Cut Pro preferences? It is usually the first step when FCP begins to act in unexpected ways.

Download Preference Manager (free) from Digital Rebellion

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

and use it to trash your preferences - they will be set to default the next time you open FCP.

If that does not remedy the problem, do you have any still images in your timeline that are not RGB, or are greater than 4000 pixels in the widest dimension?

Is your source material in an FCP7 edit friendly codec?

MtD

• Michael Grenadier Level 7 (20,340 points)

If you have problems locating a problematic clip in the sequence, select the first half of the sequence and remove attributes.  The idea is to keep narrowing the selection before you remove attributes til you find the problem. 

You could also have a corrupt sequence.  To fix a corrupt sequence, create a new sequence with the same settings as the problem one.  Make the original sequence active, select all, copy.  Make the new empty sequence active and paste.

• manfrominternet Level 1 (0 points)

I'll definitely try both of these suggestions!

Thanks a lot guys! Sorry it took me forever to write back.