Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Bug

My messages app keeps saying that I have an unread message when I have read all of them. I have seen this solved on a macbook. Does anyone know how to fix it on an iphone?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 5:53 PM

Try quitting the messages app then reset the phone.

Double click the Home button to show the screen with running and recently used apps. Each app icon will have a sample page above it. Flick up on the page (not the app icon) and the page will fly away and the app icon will disappear. This quits that app. Then reset your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2013 5:53 PM in response to dforr05

Try quitting the messages app then reset the phone.

Double click the Home button to show the screen with running and recently used apps. Each app icon will have a sample page above it. Flick up on the page (not the app icon) and the page will fly away and the app icon will disappear. This quits that app. Then reset your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

iMessage Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.