Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone will only charge when it is off???

I just got my iphone 4 about around june of this year and ever since two or three days ago I plugged my phone in because it was dead and it would not charge but when i got it home to charge it it charged all the way and not today its doing the same thing it will only charge when it is off and then as soon as the cord powers it back on it will stop charging and say 10 pecent batt left... I bought a new cord and it still does not charge my phone idk what to do this is really annoying i also tried my charger in another iphone 4 and it charged that phone so its not the cable it has to be the phone but the phone is brand new and never has been damaged i am going to verizon to hopefully get a new phone but in the mean time looking for any suggestions or tips or maybe somene is having the same problem too

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 5:32 PM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2013 5:41 PM in response to paulCharlier

Also when i have the charger plugged in after the phone dies it will show the charging batt symbol but as soon as it powers back on it says 10% battery life again and then when i power it off WITH THE CHARGER STILL CONNECTED the phone will not show the charging battery symbol again whihc means i have to take the charger out and put it back on and it dose it all over again charges with off but as soon as it powers on automatically it stops charging

Nov 6, 2013 5:59 PM in response to paulCharlier

User troubleshooting is restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new. If you accomplish all of those steps and it still does not function correctly, then you make an appointment at the Apple store to have the hardware checked. You say you just got the device not too long ago. Did you purchase the device new? If so, it should still be covered under warranty and if it is a defect, then it would be replaced for free.

My Iphone will only charge when it is off???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.