Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer picasa albums to iphoto

How do I transfer picaso albums with captions to iphoto. Thanks

iPhoto '11

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 11:32 PM

We can only answer half that question for you:

The first part...

Export the photos from Picasa while making sure to write the captions etc to the Exif and IPTC

is stuff you'll need to ask on a Picasa forum.

Then import the photos to iPhoto. If the metadata is written to the correct fields then it will show up in iPhoto.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2013 11:32 PM in response to BryanXXL

We can only answer half that question for you:

The first part...

Export the photos from Picasa while making sure to write the captions etc to the Exif and IPTC

is stuff you'll need to ask on a Picasa forum.

Then import the photos to iPhoto. If the metadata is written to the correct fields then it will show up in iPhoto.

Nov 20, 2013 8:06 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks for serving this community for so long !

My question is about viewing my Picasa albums on my TV via ATV !

This thread just prompted me to think I could import the Picasa albums back into iPhoto. Then somehow move them to where they could be viewed in " Photostream " on ATV.

I believe " Photostream " is in the cloud ?

Thanks

Nov 20, 2013 7:11 PM in response to Yer_Man

All my photos are in 178 Picasa Albums. I want to view the Picasa albums on ATV which only offers Photostream and Flikr.

How do I share from within iPhoto ? Use Mobileme ?

My thought was to import the Picasa Albums to iPhoto. Then upload the Picasa Albums to Photostream. I have no idea how to do that ! Then view the Picasa Albums on ATV via Photostream.

I think I have to import all the Picasa Albums to Flikr via iPhoto ? Then view on ATV via Flikr ?

Nov 20, 2013 10:57 PM in response to Bic Ford

You'll need to download the material from Picasa to your Mac.

Import it to iPhoto.

To share from iPhoto you can use either Photostreaming or HomeSharing. The page I linked to has a link on it with full details on how to use Homesharing. This one http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5903 has details on photostreams.

MobileMe no longer exists and hasn't for several years.

I have no idea why you want to involve Flickr in the process.

Nov 22, 2013 7:33 AM in response to Yer_Man

Just setting up the Homesharing is a daunting task. Says each device needs consistent/same passward. The WiFi has one password, my wifes computer has another and my password is unique to my computer.

The Photostreaming requires me to upgrade Mac to Mt Lion and iPhoto to something higher than 8.1.2.

The ATV is good using the packaged features !

If I want to view my Picasa albums I plug the laptop into the TV and view the albums in " PC " mode on the TV ! Solved !

transfer picasa albums to iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.