Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks problem since iOS 7

Since iOS7 my iBooks is crashing a lot after opening a PDF file already stored inside iBooks.

I've tried many thing like sync all books over and remove everything. But problem keeps coming.

Now i want to know if some people her has the same problem ? and maby have a fix ?

iPad, iOS 7.0.3, iPad Retina (4) -

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 6:06 AM

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2013 6:06 AM in response to jo3ytjuh

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

Feb 13, 2014 5:25 PM in response to jo3ytjuh

NOT ALL PDFs ARE CREATED EQUAL!!!!

I've finally sorted it out.

I've been having all the pdf crash scenarios for some time now and have tried numerous workarounds with little success.

In my education field i need to be able to upload pdfs to a local intranet server for download by hundreds of students. Those students that have updated to ios7 are experiencing constant crash issues and unable to get the pdf to open in any of a wide range of pdf reader apps.

I've been experimenting with Adobe Acrobat Professional on my mba. I've been searching for an export tool that will allow the pdfs to open.

I've discovered that ios7 is a bit fussy about the quality of pdf it will open. You need to save the pdf into a "Press-Ready" pdf format.

In Acrobat Pro I just scroll to the "Save As" and select "Press-Ready". The file size will actually increases slightly but it will now be fully optimised for the latest industry standard (PDF/X).

I've resaved my many pdfs and reloaded them onto the intranet where students can successfully open and save into a range of pdf apps.

cheers

iBooks problem since iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.